The Student's Guide to Canadian UniversitiesBook - 1999
Choosing a university isnt easy. There are so many factors to consider, and its getting more expensive all the time. What about reputation, academics, campus life, sports, extra curricular activities, profs, and scholarships? Wherever you go, youre probably going to spend the next four years of your life there, how do you insure youve made the right decision?
Welcome to The Student's Guide to Canadian Universities - the fundamental guide to choosing a university. Compiled by two university students, and a network of fellow students, this is the most comprehensive and up-to-date guide available. With listings to over 50 different universities across Canada, The Student's Guide to Canadian Universities uses a witty and irreverent approach to discuss every facet of university life in detail.
Organized from west to east, every university is discussed in detail by the people who know them best the students themselves. Bursting with vital information that every student needs to know - things like fees, entrance requirements, class sizes, bursaries, and scholarships, to the real insider stuff - best places to party, what rez is really like, favorite profs, bird courses, and more - The Student's Guide to Canadian Universities has it all.
Every entry features information on the following parts of university life:
- Rez Life talks about what life in residence is really like.
- Academic Issues lets you know the scoop on courses and profs.
- Campus Culture tells you what to expect from fashion to attitude to fun.
- Night Life give you the scoop on Pub Night and the downtown scene.
- Words from the Wise are insider tips from the students themselves.
- Vital Statistics give you all the basic information from tuition fees, contact information, library and gym facilities to student run organizations.
- In a Nut Shell puts the university into easy-to-understand bits. From profs to bird courses, from sexual politics to library facilities, and from weather to alumni, this is the university in a "Nut Shell."
- Glossary, at the back of the book, lists alphabetical definitions to any terms the American student may not be familiar with.
Be prepared for life in the university lane and get the most you can out of university life. The Student's Guide to Canadian Universities will help you land where you'll be happy, challenged, and eeking out the best four years of your life.